If managing a social media account is challenging for you, try doing it for multiple clients. Or worse, for a client with multiple accounts on different social media platforms.
I’ve been in this dilemma more than once, and I must say, it’s one of the easiest ways to lose a client.
This is why you need a social media management tool.
They are primarily designed to make your management tasks much easier.
Contrary to popular belief, social media management tools offer more than just post scheduling. They also provide analysis and reports, publishing, monitoring, and social messaging, among other features.
Nonetheless, there are hundreds of social media tools on the market today, making it hard to choose the right one for you.
Fortunately, in this article, I’ve highlighted some of the best social media management tools on the market. The choices are made based on their engagement, scheduling, reporting, and pricing.
Take a look.
I’m sure you’d already guessed it, and you are right. Hootsuite is one of the best and most popular social media management tools in 2020.
Everyone is using it.
Hootsuite offers you a platform to access all your social media networks in one account. So, you don’t have to hop from one website to another or to remember those long, irritating passwords.
Some of its core features include:
- Scheduling – Hootsuite allows you to schedule your posts in advance from all platforms, making it the perfect tool for your marketing strategy. You can quickly schedule a week’s worth of social media posts, and enjoy the rest of your week completing other tasks.
- Analytics – In order to understand how well your posts are performing, Hootsuite provides you with an analysis of your posts’ performance across all platforms. Whether you want to track your results by time frame, build custom reports, measure your team performance, or to export your reports to verify your ROI, Hootsuite handles it all.
- Monitoring – The platform allows you to set up unlimited streams, filter social conversations by keywords/hashtags, and even respond as a team for team assignments.
- Pricing – Hootsuite offers four different package plans for professionals $29/month, teams $129/month, businesses – $599/month, and enterprises. They also have a free package which lacks some key features but is still good.
Sprout Social is the next tool you need to try. The platform offers one of the most organized dashboards in the social media management business. It has a pretty cool and user-friendly interface, which makes managing your accounts much easier.
Its message inbox is also pretty impressive. It aligns all messages from your connected accounts to the ‘smart inbox‘ and allows you to filter them by account.
Some of its core features include:
- Social engagement – Sprout social allows you to streamline and scale social engagement. With it, you get a smart inbox, message spike alerts, review management tools, and a custom bot builder to respond to messages, among other tools.
- Social analytics – Analysis is the foundation for all marketing strategies. Social sprout allows you to measure your metrics and get an overall picture of your brand’s performance. It gives you access to tag reports, message reports, competitor reports, and even paid performance reports, to help you enhance your strategy.
- Social publishing – Save time with the platform’s scheduling features, and optimize your outcomes using their monitoring tools.
- Pricing – Social Sprout has three packages: standard – $99/month, professional – $149/month, and advanced – $249/month. All three packages have a free trial month.
If you’re not a Hootsuite fan, or you simply need a change of platforms, Buffer is a great alternative. It’s one of the best when it comes to post scheduling, hence its popularity.
Buffer is also one of the easiest social media management tools to use.
It allows you to add posts to a queue once you’ve added an account to your dashboard and can be integrated into Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and LinkedIn.
Its key features include:
- Publishing – Buffer allows you to tailor the perfect posts for all your social accounts on one simple dashboard. It also allows you to collaborate with your teams, and organize your strategies for better results.
- Analysis – Get all your social media analytics on one dashboard, and track the performance of each post easily with Buffer. It also gives you reports on the best time to post, the best content to post, and the best frequency habits.
- Pricing – Buffer has three packages: Pro – $15/month, Premium – $65/month, and Business – $99/month. All three packages offer a 14-day free trial.
Agorapulse is yet another social management tool that’s loved my most internet marketers and digital teams. Its popularity is attributed to the plethora of features it offers, alongside its simple, friendly interface.
It has one of the best social media management reporting tools, and the collaboration features aren’t bad either.
Some of its key features include:
- Publishing – Agorapulse offers you the most comprehensive publishing tools for your accounts. So, scheduling, queuing, and even organizing your queues, become so much easier. Moreover, it allows you to upload tons of content at a time.
- Engagement – With Agorapulse, you get better control over your messages, reviews, and tags as they are combined in one place. You also get an automated message assistant to help manage your conversations.
- Reporting – Agorapulse creates well structured metric reports on all your posts to help you understand what content works for you. It also allows you to compare your content’s engagement rate to that of your competitors.
- Pricing – Agora has four packages: Medium – $79/month, Large – $159/month, X-large – $239/month, and Enterprise – $399/month.
If your client’s strategy is founded around Twitter, then this is the perfect management tool for you. Owned and run by Twitter, TweetDeck allows you to run multiple Twitter accounts on one dashboard for easier management.
It’s the most powerful Tweeter engagement tool and, thus, the best tool for businesses that rely on Twitter.
Nonetheless, it’s worth noting that this tool works only for Twitter accounts.
That said, here are its best features:
- Engagement – TweetDeck allows you to do more than just Tweeting. You get to engage with your audience by adding columns that show your mentions, direct messages, hashtags, trends, search results, etc. It also has excellent filtering features.
- Collaboration – Recently, TweetDeck added a new feature that allows business owners to create a TweetDeck team. This means that now, team members can tweet, and action tweets without having to change passwords, or handle some pesky spreadsheets.
- Scheduling – With TweetDeck, you get to schedule your tweets for a later time and even add images and GIF videos to the tweets. It also gives you the ability to edit scheduled tweets for multiple accounts.
- Pricing – TweetDeck is free for all Twitter users!
While all these social media management tools are great, they don’t all work with all strategies. Therefore, before settling with one tool, be sure to check out each tool.
Most of them have a free trial anyway, so it won’t cost you if you look around.
Doing this will not only improve your social media management, but it’ll save you a lot of time, finances, and resources.
What’s more, it’ll impress your clients. That’s the end-goal, right?